I read a lot of books – some are fine, some are mediocre to my tastes and some are awesome! I also find that the more I read the more it takes to satisfy me but I still try to see the books qualities rather than their flaws. That being said of course I have favourites and I have collected some of them. This time it’s all about trilogies.
- I will forever adore The Hunger Games. To me that stands pretty much unrivalled as to science fiction trilogies.
- But…the Red Rising trilogy is very very good as well. Very different but so well written. And a new trilogy in the universe is on its way.
- The Magicians is to me almost equal to Harry Potter but nothing like it even if it also takes place in a wizarding academy. Nothing like it at all.
- Half Bad broke my heart in about 67 different ways and I loved every one of them because I’m a masochist.
- I don’t have to mention Lord of the Rings, right? We all know it’ s gonna be here…
- His Dark Materials blew me away in the best way and I can’t wait for the new trilogy coming in October.
- Marie Lu writes amazing trilogies but if I have to pick just one of them it would have to be The Young Elites. How often do you get to root for the villain?
- The Daughter of smoke and bones trilogy. That. Is. Amazing. So beautiful and haunting. I love that.